Thursday, April 29, 2010

When Life Gets in the Way

Hello,
My name is Chuckles and I have a Gaming problem.

What? No not Gambling, Gaming.
Wrong room? In the basement? No, I'll leave.

Here it is. Man, it's dark down here.

*creaking door*
Hello,
My name is Chuckles and I have a Gaming problem.

(*Hello Charles*)

I have had a gaming problem for 30 years.
Yes Frank, that's right.
Atari 2600.
The first taste of exhilaration .
Donkey Kong, PacMan, and many others, all in my own home.
Get up early.
Stay up late.

Six hours on two-player Defender with my brother.
I can't remember if we eventually lost our fighters, or just stopped.

Then Nintendo. Mario in his own game! Zelda!
I look back now and think. Man the graphics Suck!!
But at the time I it was. "Man, this is AWESOME!!!!!"

Then, Sega Genesis. PC games. Then, Playstation.
Now I have....
All of them. Wii. PS3. XBOX360. And I even play MMORPG.

I had a game going on the computer.
I was doing good.
Space game. Getting lots of ships. Hoarding my planets.
Protecting from invaders.

Then I went to work.
Gotta make the money.

They struck when I was unawares.
I let my guard down.
Lif. got in the way.

*Sigh*
My ships are gone.
My planets are plundered.
My rank has diminished.
*sniffle*

Time to get back on that horse.
Enemies beware. My new fleet of ships will get you.
Just give me a couple months.

And tell the kids to leave me alone.

Ok. Give me a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment