Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Battle of the Wii

One is crying.
One is yelling.
The Wii is in the middle.

As I come out of the hallway, I see it.   The battle of the Wii.

Princess has a controller.  Monkey has a controller.
I see no problem.   But why is my nice morning sleep being interrupted by yelling?

Here's how it started.  We got a Wii.
Need more?  Okay.  We have kids.
Still more?  Fine.

My son Monkey loves the Wii.  He loves all of the sports games we have.
He especially likes to play the sword fighting game from Wii Sports Resort.
I love to watch this.  He looks like a 4 year old on cocaine.  He just bounces in one spot.
His arms going up and down.  Chopping objects and people with no regard for other's safety.

He also likes Table Tennis.  His arms go back and forth.  *Whack* *Whack*
He's actually pretty good at that one.  At least against the computer.

My girl Princess likes the Wii also.  She likes the Sports Resort also.
She does the Bowling, the Skydiving, the airplanes.  Practices her sword chopping for ten minutes straight.

They like to play with each other.  For as long as they can stand it.
But here's the rub.  They BOTH want that FIRST controller.
The one with the first light lit.
That means that they control what they do.  What games to play.  Who goes first.
I am regretting my purchase.

Now we are back to the current argument.  Monkey wants the first one.  Princess says no.
I have to be the big meanie and tell Monkey that he has to share and let his sister have a turn at being first.
It's time-out time.  Take him to his room.  Let him cry.

OKAY!!!  Lunch time!!
No?

Look kids!!  Mommy's home!!

Turn off Wii.   Start again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment