Sunday, December 12, 2010

Try Harder

The duties of a SAHD vary.
Some may decide to cook and clean.
Others may decide that laundry should be done and to go nowhere near the kitchen.
Still others may think that since you are home all day, you should be able to do it all.

The Warden always picks option three.

I pick option four.
Which is to enjoy my kids, play video games, and do as little as possible.
It doesn't always work out for me.

Some days I decide to become better at my "job".
I cook, I clean.  I do some laundry.  I go to the store.

This does not mean that I get everything right?  It seems that I cannot, no matter how hard I try.
Get the "hospital" type clean that The Warden wishes.
And sometimes it just involves wiping the counter with a wet cloth.  I just miss it.

There are always things to clean.  The living room.  The kid's rooms....  The kids.
The sheets. The garage. The storage closet. The computer desk. The yard.  The oven.  The counters.  The dishes.
Need I go on?

We all deal with it in our own way.  The Warden waits until she is certain I will not do it.
The goes at it with gusto. And then scolds me like a three year old for not doing it.

I know I should do it.  I know I need to do it.
Clean something.  Cook something.
I think I will. And then..."Squirrel!!"

I'm gone.  A TV show is on.  I saw a movie I wanted to watch.
That new video game is right.... there.

I need to put an end to it.  Or at least keep it in check.

This is my declaration.  I will try harder.
I will put the game away.
I will turn the TV off.
I will stay away from the computer.
I will think ahead to dinner.
Help The Warden more.

This is something I need to do.

I WILL TRY HARDER.

No comments:

Post a Comment