Saturday, August 15, 2009

How to Parent. Video Generation

I know all of you are wondering how a guy stays at home with the kids and doesn't go insane.
Here's a little known, but often assumed fact.

He Does!

Case in point:

I was going through the motions of my week.
Monday: Laundry
Tuesday: Outing
Wednesday: .....
Here is where it all came crashing down.

I had an offer to go play paintball.
on Thursday.
They lied. It got switched to Wednesday.

I was depressed.
I sat on the couch.
I played video games.
I let the kids run around mostly naked.
Fed them cereal and fruit snacks.
Watched numbly as the mess piled up around me.

"Go watch TV in mommy's room." I said
"I don't care" I stated.
"Work it out yourselves!" I yelled.

Not my best day.

The Warden got home.

"You did nothing, did you ?" She stated.
"Nope" I said proudly.

"You have to mow later." She said with a smile.

"Crap"

No comments:

Post a Comment